A Foretaste of Spring

bee-on-rosemary

Mistral showed up after the day ended
And swept all the rain clouds away
The moon smiled in so cold a sky
That stars did not twinkle.

But now clouds are tiptoeing
Back quietly from the east
As winter sun perseveres.

In oblique sunbeams
Gnats float and dance
In frenzied swirls;
Drunk bees court
The rosemary with abandon;
Birds search for mates
Singing their calls
That echo through the hills
And end at my doorstep.

Photo from treehugger.com

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A Foretaste of Spring

1. Suz says:

We are unusually chilly for the end of March as well….
    I wish I was a drunk bee courting the rosemary….
    Great way to spend a spring day!!! wouldn’t ya say?

2. Ah, sun stretching the skin of my shoulders

3. deanabo says:

What a beautiful poem!

It is wet here too. I like the rain except we have unending traffic jams.
    The photos you use are usually superb, they contribute to the story in their own rights

It has been one of the wettest (and cold) winter ever in these parts. Frankly, I am done with rain and cold. Even when the sun is out, it really isn’t warm.
      I am glad you like the pictures. Nothing like visuals to bring a text to life.

• makagutu says:

Here, the last few months were so hot we kept saying everyone had their own sun and an extra one for everyone to share. I like the rain especially when am sleeping.
        They were right those who said a picture can take the place of 1K words, yours take more 😀

Obviously this is on another planet. It’s still 22deg and snowing where I live (and that is not in the arctic). Someday spring will come. I’ll be more than ready for it. Happy day to you!

6. Encore une delectation.
    Tu ne penses jamais a nous montrer la version Francaise ici?

Merci. Non, je n’y pense plus. Je ne crois pas que cela interesserait les lecteurs a part toi. Et tu les vois le premier, donc… Remarque je peux faire un essai et voir la reponse.