Perfect Days

jasmine

There are days whose beauty is so intense
That I could weep fall on my knees
With gratitude or start to laugh
Wishing to share my delight

There are days so perfect that my body hums
Tingles, and I don’t feel my skin
I am the air and sounds
I move with leaves that tremble
and ride the songs of birds
who call from the jasmine in buds.

Those are the days when the universe
Seems to embrace everything that I am
In that moment I am perfect as is
No need to be other no room for whatifs
And shouldhaves no need for forgiveness.

On those perfect days
I am air and water
Cloud and fog
Rain and sunshine…

Euphoria in the flesh.

This entry was posted in Life, Pandora's box and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Perfect Days

Ah, how much longer must we contend with this light-hearted happy drivel, Em !!! Hahaha!!!!
    Pleasant to see you in such good spirits, one with the land, the sea, and the air. A bit of time away from reality is always good for the soul. Loved the poem. Happy Tuesday !

Glad you liked my drivel Paul! I am back to reality now…. There is one more I-am-in-Nirvana poem down the chute and after that ..it’s back to the other kind of drivel.
      Happy Tuesday to you. Smiling..

I think this is what the native Indians meant when they talked about being one with nature.
    Beautiful words, strong emotion.

Thank you Noel. Yes, it is a feeling of belonging, of being part of, entertwined with, what is other than the self…. If that’s what the Native Americans meant, then Yeah! I am /was there!

3. Perfect… is the perfect way to describe your writing 🙂

4. Les mots parfaits.
    Les journees parfaites.
    Je suis heureux que tu trouves le bonheur.

Merci. J’ai passé des moments de bonheur aussi éphémères que ceux que tu as vécus recemment au bord de la Med. Toute seule à Ste Maxime, j’ai eu deux jours de beauté et de paix.

I like and admire you, Emmy. You take the time to be happy. Far too few people do… not consciously, at least.