September blues

september blues

The bluest of blue Med shimmers in sunlight
Gently rocking sailless boats
Then stretches in Lazy waves
Under a faded sky

The sweet breeze is empty
Of children squeals and giggles
Sand castles are left to crumble
But lovers’ footprints remain

Blue haze veils far away hills
Erasing crags, creases and wrinkles
A butterfly flutters by in search of fresh faces
A leggy begonia obliges

Medville’s plague and salvation
The mad tourists’ invasion
Trickles to a slow dance
For a late summer romance

Bent figures in vineyards are harvesting
Flowers go to seed in shades of time passing
Cycles continue their loops piano-piano
As I stare at a linear tomorrow

This entry was posted in Life, Pandora's box, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to September blues

1. Christina ~ says:

Absolutely beautiful… 🙂

2. Mike says:

The photo leading this piece is rendered redundant by the articulately lyrical language that provides a movie of the scene. Beautiful exposition and execution in this lovely poem that I greatly enjoyed. Well done.

You hit me right between the eyes with the title, Emm. September Blues…, that’s what comes along almost every year about this time. Flowers are getting leggy, leaves on some trees are starting to turn to yellows and browns, scattering themselves across lawns, and the nights are becoming a bit cooler, leading one to think of even more changes to come. This is not a good thing if you’re a summertime person (as I am). Yeah, September Blues !!! Got ’em !

4. Suz says:

The sweet breeze is empty of children squeals and giggles… Love that!

5. alarmingman says:

A beautifully tender description – I wish I was there. 🙂

PS You might also be interested to know that you got a mention in Max’s blog!

Thank you Marcus. Your comments are always a source of joy to me. I don’t know if you are aware of the comfort your loyal support has given me over the past year, so here is a big Thank you and to Max for the mention. Watching Max move through his first day of retirement is like watching a train wreck through open fingers: You want to see it but are kind of afraid to look! Best horror show in WP! 😉

A linear tomorrow. i like that. It implies a clear field of view.

7. Alastair says:

What a beautiful poem Emmy. Thank you for sharing it with us