I Love You to Pieces

I am taking a leap, joining the multi-talented group of writers who churn out waves of flash fiction with Rochelle Wiseoff at the helm.
The idea is to write a 100 words story prompted by a photograph . That’s it.
In a few words too many, here is my tale.

sean-fallon

Copyright Sean Fallon

I love You to Pieces

Art is life she thinks as she applies a dab of crimson.

She rents this tiny, secluded flat by the rocky edge of the Med to finish her art project.
Perfect.
She covers the three pieces in flowers and vines, birds and butterflies in sunrise colors and seemingly random lines.
She wonders if he will see the message like he finds faces in tree bark.
Done.
She walks out the door.
The storm rages.
Perfect.

She plays a game of tag with the spray, skipping on wet rocks.
You lose says the Med grabbing her ankle, pulling her into a wave.
I’m a mermaid she chokes
He will love me now.

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Life, Pandora's box and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to I Love You to Pieces

1. Welcome to FF. It seems I have a lot to learn about mermaids. Thanks for the vivid introduction.

2. Terrific little life tragedy.
    Beautifully written as always.
    AnElephant suspects your usual elegant allegory here.

3. Nice job! I don’t know if he’ll love her …. but I think I do!

Great job, Emm, right up to and including the surprise at the ending !

5. Welcome to Fictioneers, Emmy πŸ™‚ A really clever use of this week’s prompt. So many of the stories this week seem to be about seeking acceptance, or changing in some way in order to fit in. Amazing what one image can elicit!

6. Sandra says:

A great debut! Welcome. ‘He will love me now’ is such a sad climax to your story.

7. Jan Brown says:

Welcome to Friday Fictioneers, Emmy! This was a wonderful, sad story. Very much like a prose poem. Well done! Look forward to seeing more of your work πŸ™‚

8. I love merfolks. la chute πŸ˜‰ tres reussie!

9. Al says:

Yay. Great story Em.

10. Emmy, welcome to the Fictioneers. As Rochelle said, it is certainly an addiction, but a good one, I think. I like the way you used the title to bring in the prompt into your story.

janet

Superb, Em. I’m excited to see what comes of this. Your writing always thrills me.

12. monocochlearmutineer says:

I like these new waters you are charting, Ms Emmy!

Welcome to Friday Fictioneers. I’ll caution you that it’s habit forming. On the other hand, we have a wonderful community of writers from all over the world, some I call friend.
    Nice piece of writing.