Blue de Nimes

Emmy makes a foray on Friday Fictioneers this week inspired by grains of sand flowing away like dreams in Sandra Crook‘s photo below.
Thank you Rochelle for steadfastly leading the way.

crook

I am sitting where arenas have stood for over two millennia, where water from three rivers meet, and where plane trees stand naked facing an empty square.
I drink coffee and eat a sugared crêpe, bathed in sunshine pouring in through my glass cage.
“Le Goéland” is the name of the café.
It evokes flight and sea breezes, wind-blown sands and ruffled feathers…
In intertwined bare branches, I recall other squares, other bare trees, and my heart forgets what is, and feels the loss of what could have been…

Then, a stranger winks.
And I notice how blue a cold sky can be.

Arenes

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Blue de Nimes

Ah, beyond a door that was closed, a window has opened.
    Hi, Emm ! Been a long time. Good to see something from you. …..Hugs!

2. Katalina4 says:

How blue a cold sky can be…
    I was longing for some words of Em, so came back again for a wee sip.
    So lovely, but so short!
    I need more sips soon… 🙂

3. So beautiful! This is a celebration of life & travel. ❤ I want to go there.

4. Beautiful evocative writing as always💕😊

5. Hyperion says:

Absolutely loved this one, Em. You easily sliced through all the clutter in my head to evoke similar scenes stuck in the permafrost of my mind. I’ve been enamored of the sky this year. I go to work and drive directly into brilliant sunrises painting magnificent pictures in the clouds and go home to see the same in the end of the day. But most of all, on my daily walk I’ve noticed the clear skies in between the clouds are the most brilliant cold blue.

6. Hyperion says:

Reblogged this on Hyperion Sturm and commented:
    Emmylgant looks at a photo prompt and delivers a poignant moment that exposes a heart superbly connected to all the senses, emotions, and an elemental spirit. Emmy’s blog is a treasure trove of remarkable moments. Please enjoy this one.

7. ceayr says:

At your whimsical best here, Em.
    Delightful introduction of gulls to suggest how and where her thoughts are.
    And an inconnu for a hint of romance, and perhaps danger.
    Beware, cherie, heed Mr Cohen’s words.
    I told you when I came I was a stranger.

8. gahlearner says:

This is beautiful and dreamlike. A dream through time, and life goes on.

9. Sandra says:

I think she’s on the mend. Very nicely written.

10. liz young says:

Very poetic and the cafe sounds like a good place to dream.

So wistful and sweet. As someone else has said, “beautifully poetic.”

12. Carolyn Page says:

Release… and life goes on. 😉

13. Bloggeuse says:

This is beautiful – my favourite this week so far 🙂 I could picture the scene thanks to your gorgeous descriptions.

14. mjlstories says:

Beautifully evocative.

15. Lovely. Time for the cage door to open once again.

16. Heartafire says: